DAVAO CITY —- The initial report from the Philippine Embassy in France has recorded no Filipino national killed or injured so far during the November 13 Paris attacks, Malacañang said on Sunday.
Communications Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr., however, said the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) through Philippine Ambassador to the French Republic Maria Theresa Lazaro continues to monitor the situation.
Filipino migrants and workers, meanwhile, were asked to consider the advice of local authorities at all times, as tensions remain high in Paris following the attacks.
There are approximately 50,000 to 60,000 Filipinos currently residing in France, according to online references, and half of them are said to be undocumented. A small Filipino community also exists in the French capital.
Malacañang deplored the senseless murders of civilians in Paris, Saturday, with President Benigno S. Aquino III himself describing it as “atrocities that demand a united voice from the world in condemnation and grief.”
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria has reportedly claimed responsibility for the mass shootings and bombings in Paris and Saint-Denis that left over 120 people dead and more than 350 severely injured.