DAVAO CITY— A new commander of the Task Force Davao will swore in six days after the deadly blast here killed at least 14 people.
The deputy commander for the 10th Infantry Division, Brig. Gen. Casiano Monilla confirmed on Wednesday, September 7, that the TFD will have Col. Erwin Bernard Neri as its new commander replacing Col. Henry Robinson.
Neri is currently the chief of Unified Command Staff of the Armed Forces’ Eastern Mindanao Command.
The change of command, said Monilla will be held through a simple formal ceremony on Thursday, September 8, at the TF-Davao headquarters.
“The current commander of TF-Davao, Col. Henry Robinson, will be transferred to another assignment,” Monilla told reporters in a press conference.
He added that it had been discussed that Neri is to deliver on the mandate of TF-Davao in supporting the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) in securing the city.
Monilla said in response to the complaints toward the checkpoint, the TF-Davao looks into the campaign plan of the city on anti-terrorism, while the DCPO looks more into the population.
“We are rectifying that. The 200-meter check-point is like an accordion. If there is much volume, there are more inspectors. If not, then there is a reduction (in inspectors),” he said.
Meanwhile, after the bombing incident at the night market on September 2, Monilla said he has instructed the TF-Davao to improve on the checkpoints by augmenting more personnel.
“We have sent three battalions. I don’t have the figures but I guess it’s more or less than a thousand (personnel),” Monilla said.
The estimated 1,000 personnel will consist of the 68th and 69th Infantry Battalion, along with one ranger battalion. (davaotoday.com)