DAVAO CITY, Philippines – City Mayor Sara Duterte lauded law enforcers for the arrest of the Davao bombing incident describing it as “a welcome development.”
In a statement Friday, Duterte said, “development is commendable as we vow to expeditiously give justice to the 15 victims who died and the 69 others who were wounded in the blast.”
The Armed Forces of the Philippines said Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana will present the suspects Friday afternoon.
Authorities here investigating the Roxas night market blast said they have nine suspects in the deadly bombing.
The Special Investigation Task Group (SITG) together with Davao City Police Office (DCPO) and Task Force (TF) Davao filed criminal charges against the prime suspect of the bombing at the Hall of Justice here last September 14.
Senior Supt. Valeriano de Leon, SITG head previously said that based on their investigation there are five John Does and three Jane Does and the identified male prime suspect.
Past 10:00 pm of September 2 an improvised explosive device was set off in the busy street of Roxas Avenue here claiming the lives of 10 people who died on the spot.Five other victims receiving treatment died in the hospital.
The incident prompted President Rodrigo Duterte to declare a state of lawlessness.
“It is important for us to remember that the arrest must ultimately lead us to the dismantling of terror groups in our midst or result in the failure of more senseless acts of violence and extremism,” the Mayor said.
The city mayor reminded the people “that this does not end our desire to give justice to the victims and those whose lives were forever changed by that horrendous act of terrorism on the night of September 2 in our beloved city.”
“Let us continue to be vigilant and show the world that we do not surrender to fear nor do we allow terrorism to cripple our humanity and undermine our values,” she said. (davaotoday.com)