PhilSci NCE application now opens
DAVAO CITY, May 18 (PIA) -– Are you an incoming Grade six pupil? Do you want to become a scholar of the Philippine Science High School (PSHS)? Or do you have kids who are incoming grade six this school year? If your answer to the questions is “Yes,” then please read on.
The annual search for PSHS scholars for the school year 2013-2014 is now open for application. The 2013 PSHS system National Competitive Examination (NCE) is slated on September 29, 2012.
The one-time screening is composed of Scholastic Aptitude Test which is designed to measure the scientific ability, quantitative ability, abstract reasoning, and the verbal aptitude of the applicant.
The scholarship is open to all graduating elementary pupils from any Department of Education recognized elementary school.
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
• Belongs to the upper 10 percent of the graduating class as certified by the School Principal, or have special aptitude in Science and Math as supported by the report card and letter of recommendation, with at least a grade of 85 in all subjects;
• A Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country;
• Not more than 15 years of age by June 30, 2012;
• Be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program;
• Be of good moral character; and
• Not taken the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE) previously.
Application forms are available and may be filed at the PSHS Southern Mindanao Campus or DOST Regional and Provincial Offices.
Application forms with incomplete information will not be processed.
Erasures, alterations and insertions must be initialed by the applicant.
The PSHS NCE application form and the accompanying materials are not for sale and may be photocopied, and downloaded from the PSHS website at http://www.pshs.edu.ph.
The deadline for filing of application is on July 13, 2012. The scholarship examination will be administered in designated testing centers nationwide on September 29, 2012. (CLC/DOST-XI)