DAVAO CITY— Kadayawan Festival organizers renewed their call for more interested contingents to join the floral float parade.
Emmanuel Babao, head of the Pamulak Festival, said they are still accepting contingents to join the Pamulak sa Kadayawan on Sunday, August 21. It will be held from Magsaysay Park to San Pedro Square.
During the weekly I-speak media conference on Thursday, August 4, Babao said that those who are willing to join the Pamulak can go to the City Tourism Office as the official office for the 31st Kadayawan Festival located at the Pasalubong center along Palma Gil street, here.
“We have given away our guidelines, rules and entry forms for those who inquired in the office,” said Babao. He also said that those who inquire online can receive the documents through their emails.
Babao said that the event will have two categories, the competing and the non-competing category.
He said that under the competing category, there will be sub-categories, the traditional floats (big floats) and the alternative floats (small floats).
“If you are a competing contingent, you’re not going to pay anything as long as you will comply the guidelines or the mechanics of the competition,” he said.
Babao said that for the competing category, the floats should have 80 percent fresh plants, fruits and vegetables and the remaining 20 percent will consist of the artificial decorations “but even if its only artificial, it should be in a form of flowers or any plants.”
There are already ten competing contingents and five non-competing contingents.
For the prizes, he said that for the alternative floats there will be two consolation prizes with P30,000 each. The third place will get P75,000, the second place will get P100,000 and the grand winner will receive P150,000 cash prize.
For the traditional floats, the grand winner will receive P500,000, second place winner will have P300,000, third will get P150,000 cash prize. There will also be a consolation prize of P50,000.
Babao said the deadline or the cut off of the submission of entry forms will be on August 15 “and the briefing of the contestants will be on August 17.” (davaotoday.com)